Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pen pals and post cards

Still waiting for Deutsche Post to send me the address code so I can start picking potential pen pal, why is it taking so long? Am so excited to send snail mail and keep in touch with somebody abroad, fortunately I share this interest with Romina. At first I thought it is a silly idea to use the snail mail service in the age of electronic mails and mobile phones, but something about receiving real envelopes and letters written on paper using pen ink appeal to me. Maybe it is the same feeling that I derive from receiving birthday cards and christmas cards given to us by family and friends during that special occasion.

Also there is that wonderful feeling of excitement looking at the picture printed in post cards. It is a recent self-discovery actually. There is something about a printed picture, something about the message or dedication that is written in every back of a post card: the story of the place, an invitation to look and experience it personally or just the thought that someone thinks that you should see this wonderful place or maybe an event or a celebration. Unfortunately, both I and Romina think post cards here in the Philippines are very limited, or maybe we are looking in the wrong places. I hope we discover post cards shop where they have wonderful renditions of top tourists spot in the archipelago, colorful Philippine holidays/celebrations and maybe paintings done by Filipino artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->