Monday, October 24, 2011

Mediterranean cuisine

Tonight on our way home to Dasma, Ronald who drives his big car, Febbie who sits on the front seat, Julius, our old Dramatica confidante and I learn the healing power of saying the prayer Amitofo. We said Amitofo to each other during and after passing a dark street, we felt safe and secure as we prayed sincerely from our hearts. According to my Great Teacher, Amitofo is a way of invoking the infinite light and wisdom in our selves and to those who we say the prayer to. It is a beautiful principle and practice. Pray Amitofo when you feel confused, anxious, angry or scared, it will surely calm you down.

Today, Ronald, Febbie and I met up and went to MOA. Ten years ago we formed our friendship. It was high school, Febbie and I were classmates. Then we met Ronald in our theater organization: Dramatica Associacion. From that moment on, we were inseparable. But of course, life has designed different paths for us to pursue, but we still make time to check up on each other. Luckily, after two years (whew!) we finally managed to meet up and touch base.

Ronald and the author
The author and Febbie

Us three after ten years.
I am grateful for this wonderful time of catching up with old friends. These days I want to just 'be'. Let life happen. Let things be. I feel I need this emotional support from family and friends right now. I am thankful for the blessings I have. I am thankful for peace inside my soul and my heart. Thankful for the relationships that still find its way in my life despite the changes happening all around and especially inside me.

Refuel, regrow, replenish ----> my mantra for this week. I hope dear readers you find the beauty of life in your family, friends and the sacred relationship you form with yourself. Let old wounds heal with love and warmth we receive from people we care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->