Sunday, October 30, 2011

Journey Essentials (una): The Diary

Today I am going to talk about my favorite object in life: diary. Some might call it journal or notebook, but I prefer to call it diary.

We all know that a serious journal keeper writes on her/his diary every single day or every other day. This is very true for all of us who want to keep memories, doodle daydreams, plan goals or express our feelings. It  really takes discipline to write journal because sometimes we feel lazy or sleepy to even open our diaries more so begin jotting down notes or emotions, but for the likes of us, we conquer those challenges to preserve and document what is special to us. If we feel strongly about an experience or we want to express an emotion we cannot say out loud to the person, we write it down and keep it in safe treasured pages of our diaries. This way, we can be more creative in tackling a challenging situation or in dissecting an emotion that can be very overwhelming at first.

Now we move to the nitty-gritty part, how to choose a diary. Allow me readers to reveal some important things to consider in choosing a diary.

A) Cover of the diary. Before we put into paper our ideas, plans, feelings we should first choose the diary that is fit for us. Usually people go for the color of the cover or the design of the cover of the diary. Some prefer just plain cover colors some likes the creative drawing in front cover. I usually go for minimalist or plain covers. When I was in college I used to go to book binding stall and give them 200 blank pages of bond paper. I will then ask them to bind it using green cover (hard bound) and silver letters for the title of my diary. Since this is the age of customization, be creative in putting titles to your diary. It should reflect your personality.

B) Diary pages. Usually I go for white blank pages. You can use specialty papers or just the common bond paper as long as it is thicker than usual. The thicker it is the better for ink of your pen especially if you use gel ink pens or chalk pens. Lined pages is also ok but I prefer blank pages since I usually draw or doodle after some paragraphs.

C) Creative juices. Sometimes when I am in the mood, I paste images or other objects in my diary. It can be anything from pictures of reunion, pay toilet ticket, boarding pass tickets, postcards, movie tickets, concerts, play, my crush's doodles, so on . . . Not only that it evokes feelings it also reminds me of the places I've been to or the people I shared my time with.

So dear friends, as we journey on in our lives, make it more meaningful by keeping diaries. Not only that we tap our imagination as we try to be creative with our journals, we also give our heart and soul the chance to express their deepest concerns or wishes through the power of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->