Saturday, October 8, 2011

On Rio +20, GMOs and tutorials

Yesterday I attended the last Round Table Discussion of CSOs in the drafting of their position on the upcoming Rio +20 convention next year. It was really a heavy discussion as everyone feels the pressure of coming up with cohesive strategies and paradigms or maybe goals that they will submit to our government agency that will in turn incorporate the output to the country's position. Nonetheless, an idea have proved itself the central repository in the paradigm lay-out and from which, every new inspired idea springs.

Nationalism should be our basis for paradigm in sustainable development.

Now that is the big idea. I hope we find more positive developments in this field. I believe that when we actually hammer it home not only in the environmental issues but also in bigger socio-economic discussions, we might actually get somewhere. Of course the road to this endeavor will be long and challenging, but it is just part of the big picture, I do believe that the end of this road is a positive nation-identity building that is essential to a progressing country like ours.

Moving on to what occupies my mind all night, Bhutan, apparently a country that never ceases to inspire me, have implemented a law on banning GMO imports. Wow that is some inspired decision they have there. Remember their King was the one who started promoting GNH (Gross National Happiness) because he is concerned about the quality of life of his subjects more over, he puts premium to the hollistic growth of Bhutan as a nation not just in terms of economic but also in psychological progress. 

Finally, exhausted as I was after the meeting, I still have classes with some of my students. This particular guy has booked me for 10pm lesson. I actually like talking to him, very deep insights, artsy, mysterious but given my current exhaustion I prayed he will cancel the class. But fate proved to be stubborn so I ended up talking to him. He shared about his yoga classes, the movie Here After, the curious vibration of plants and his shaman-ish boss. I in return gave some title recommendation to him: elegance of the hedgehog, dance dance dance and never let me go.

Ha! When it rains it pours. Very nice. Now am on my way to UP to do some reading stuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->