Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tonight is a sad night

The first five lines of this song made me sane and grounded today though. Thanks Smashing Pumpkins. Leaving a piece of youth, is like leaving what's familiar, what's safe, what's stable. And to be scared is the least of what one will feel. My life is changing. Fast. Furious. Yes. Very much. It's like the past is disappearing, mmm, fading. And i cannot do anything about it. It just is. I cannot dwell too much, else I'll be breaking down in tears. 
So, I console myself by listening to this wonderful song. I guess it never hurts to liken this hurting to transition from youth to adulthood. It's very painful. But I believe it has a higher reason. Faith is the key to all of these. Faith heals the weary soul. It sparks hope and starts the process of recuperation. My body needs to heal. My heart needs to heal. My soul needs to heal. Tonight, I will shower myself with love and attention from my family. I will try to heal myself with their nurturing and care. I believe have come to the right place. Time to heal and rest my tired soul. So everyone, I hope you keep faith in your heart, it is the light that will guide us through the dark times.



TONIGHT TONIGHT
Smashing Pumpkins


Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel
Believe, believe in me, believe
That life can change, that you're not stuck in vain
We're not the same, we're different tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight
And you know you're never sure
But you're sure you could be right
If you held yourself up to the light
And the embers never fade in your city by the lake
The place where you were born
Believe, believe in me, believe
In the resolute urgency of now
And if you believe there's not a chance tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight
We'll crucify the insincere tonight
We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight
We'll find a way to offer up the night tonight
The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->