Friday, February 17, 2012

An almost ending liminal stage

Liminal stage (adj) neither here nor there; transitional stage; being an intermediate state.

Words are hard to capture lately. I was thinking of writing last night, but ideas remained elusive. Well, maybe I will just concentrate on this piece of wisdom taught to us by my good Anthropology professor. We are in a point in our lives called the liminal stage. It is the place where we are neither here nor there. For example, we are studying now (in the University) to hone our skills to be effective workers/professionals in our chosen fields. The challenges given us during this liminal stage is always task-oriented. We need to study for the exam, write papers, do our reports, projects, etc. We are given these tasks to polish the remaining rough-edges in our talents, skills, knowledge and abilities, then one day, after the last marble was smooth out, when the last page of the book was turned, when the last word was written and when the last tear was cried, a door will open for us. Huge, big and bright, inviting us to the future where we will build the dreams and hopes we carried deep in our hearts. I do hope that when we finally reach that stage, we have the capacity for compassion and love to help serve the people around us. It is my prayer that we commit our talents to help save the earth. May we be light bringers!

I want to post a portion of a poem introduced to me by Masa yesterday, it's a poem about women by Marra PL Lanot. Masa liked this poem and actually I liked it too. Prof Lanot was my professor in Film and Literature subject. She is amazing!!

Babae Kami | Marra PL Lanot

"Babae kami 
Nagluluwal ng sanggol 
Na tagapagmana ng mundo 
Marunong kaming umaninag 
Ng hugis ng araw at gabi 
Marunong maghimay 
Ng kulay ng bahaghari 
Marunong sumalo 
Sa kaluluwang babagsak 
Marunong magmahal 
Sa pusong maalalahanin 
Marunong lumaban 
At magwasto ng baligtad 
Habang naghahardin 
Sa ikagaganda ng daigdig." 


Masa's favorite line: Marunong maghimay
                                  Ng kulay ng bahaghari


I got to thinking, how can one fully appreciate poetry when they speak another language? Then I realise, it's like us appreciating ee cummings or pablo neruda . . . Mmm, anyways, I want to post the whole poem but I have yet to get a copy of the book from library. Ah, I really like this poem, especially the line:
 Marunong sumalo   
 Sa kaluluwang babagsak  

. . . saludo ako kay Prof Marra. Salamat po sa magandang tulang ito.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->