Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oh, I love mails!

Kathleen Kelly: Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one! It got on at 42nd and off at 59th, where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake, as almost all hats are. [You've got mail, 1998, Nora Ephron]


* * *
KATHLEEN: Noel Streatfeild. Noel Streatfeild wrote Ballet Shoes and Skating Shoes and Theater Shoes and Movie Shoes... (she starts crying as she tells a lady shopper) I'd start with Skating Shoes, it's my favorite, although Ballet Shoes is completely wonderful.
SALESPERSON: Streatfeild.  How do you spell that?
KATHLEEN: S-T-R-E-A-T-F-E-I-L-D.

*Thank you Nora Ephron for this awesome romcom! 
It's one of my favorites, I watched this movie at least ten times. 
Especially I love the scene when Kathleen imagines herself and her mom twirling before closing down her shop... 
Thanks, I will always remember your humor and story telling whenever I see someone twirling and 
whenever I read shoes books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->