Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Love generation

This morning, I want to talk about dreams and sleeping. I had three weird dreams this past weekend concerning my Great Teacher, a friend and a tita. The dream about my Great Teacher was really disturbing. It was about a hunt for big people who envisions radical positive change among people, but unfortunately some elements of the society is not very happy about it. The dream was scary but the ending of it leaves a legacy in my unconscious -- more of like the movie inception -- because of the wisdom that the dream inspires, it actually moves me to do better at intense discipline and keeping my eye at the goal of emulating my Teacher's compassion and gentleness.

The next dream was about my friend, who I lost touch with because life had set different paths for us to follow. I dreamt of her having weird pets. She was about to cook dinner, but her mom arrived and told her to feed her pets first. It was just that, plain slice of life thing-y, but weirdly, I retained the dream in my memory and it feels kind of weird. Maybe it's because I miss her or that I felt how she felt coming home to two weird pets and having to follow her mother's wishes against what she wants to do (cooking dinner vs feeding pets) sigh, dreams have a way of communicating with us, right?!

Last is about my tita and a swimming pool or water reservoir. This was the tita who took care of me when I was just a toddler because mom and dad had to go to work. I was very close to her before but because she has her own family now, we barely talk and touch base. 

Sigh, we all grow up and we leave behind people as we continue following the life path designed for us. This is one reason why it is difficult to grow up. But as what Neil Gaiman said, everything changes and nothing is truly lost. I carry these words inside my heart as I thread my life's path, honestly, these days are really complicated and confusing, whenever this happens, I turn up the music a bit louder to keep the depressing thoughts out of my mind. So, when the world becomes too big for me, I listen to music:) particularly world music.

But I keep the faith that one day I will look back in this phase as a positive turning point in my life where possibilities for self-improvement abound. Moreover, this is a phase where compassion and love for others should flow from one person to another in harmonious fashion. 

So, I keep the resolve in my heart that we are the LOVE GENERATION. We must continue moving forward to harness our skills to help and serve people. We are the generation that will heal the environment. It is time to step up and heed the challenge.

*title of the entry love generation is taken from the song of same title by bob sinclair
happy new moon fellow travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->