Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ode to the full moon

Birthing of Venus by Boticelli
Isn't it a wonder that Venus just came into this world as a full grown lady? Mmm, during this full moon I am reflecting about my own journey as a lady and my views about the essence of being a woman. In this painting it's like the figures are celebrating in her arrival, elements are very much part of this joyous event, I can feel the wind blowing the hair of the goddess and the quiet but triumphant welcome of deep waters to the divine lady, as she stepped out of this big shell. The sturdy ground covered with green grass as well as the trees are also joining as the leaves danced in glee. What about the fire, I ask myself, mmm, maybe it's her hair. The fiery soft waves dangling from her head to her lower torso, curves and shapes, very becoming of a woman! And the red robe!

This full moon, we must remember the goddess in each of us. Just as in the painting, under the light of the moon, find the source of joy inside yourself. Feel each element celebrating as you empower yourself with the beauty that's inside you. As the light of the sun is filtered by the moon, I remind myself that change is possible and wonderful. Change, growth, birthing all key words for saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new. I would not be surprised if Venus was born during full moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->