Friday, March 2, 2012

Service is my poetry

Uno. During Anthro class, my professor was talking about the Dharma of Rama and Sita, oh I love the intertextual synchronicity of my life: I have my Buddhist Teacher in the morning teaching me about my Dharma, then I go to my Anthro class that teaches me worldview through folklore of particular countries, then I get to fuse them in my mind -- the Dharma of Faith and the teachings of culture that touches on some socio-cultural Dharma designed by religion, they sometimes conflict but I guess the bigger perspective is that I am learning how to look at how the dynamics really work. The secret is the fusion, the magic is there in the part where it is actually working! Eureka! I am really having a good time right now.

Dos. The application part is the ecological symposium -- i learned that Philippines is one of the 33 spots of rich biodiversity, wow isn't that uber amazing! I mentioned application part because, I guess my Dharma is there, to help with charting the source of problem (eg disaster, global warming) as my Master mentioned in her talk, "And when we have found the root cause of disasters, we'll know how to eliminate disasters." Hopefully to fulfill my Dharma, I  want to help to eliminate disasters. Sigh, it is a big responsibility right, but as I mentioned above, service is my poetry. Just like poets, they never get tired of seeing the beauty to translate it into words. I must be like them, I see the beauty of the world through service, and I want to conserve/preserve it for everyone to experience it -- even generations after.

Namaste.

PS this picture moved me. (picture from wikipedia)

This is a map of biodiversity hotspots (regional). The Philippines is number 18, kudos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->