Monday, May 23, 2022

Ambivalent

My emotions are too fleeting and feeble
One moment I feel very attuned and then the next moment, it feels like I switched it off 

Like I am miles away from my warmth,
from my love
from my soul

Miles away even from myself

Then I got a call from my workmate and my attention focuses back to work
After two seconds, I remember I don't want to work whole week, I am burnt out, I want a break

Then the phone rings
the computer got an email
a colleague needs some documents
a paper needs to be signed

So I am swallowed back into office work

But like a fish with very little attention span
I remember you
So, I fumbled for my phone
I messaged you
Sweet nothings
Showing you I care
Taking time off to shoot you a quick message
Soft as a blink
I am sucked back into the office work whirlpool again

Now, I am staring back at this white page of my journal
Seeing you only you in my mind

Battling whether to go or not
Whether to travel or not
Whether
to 
turn the plan into 
reality
or 
not

Such ambivalence!
it doesn't help me at all
feeling so stuck
help me not feel so stuck
tell me what to do next

Tell me
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->