Monday, April 19, 2021

Ode to online teaching classes

We have another Monday in our midst, my dear readers.
How's everything going in your lives and in your schedules?
I hope everyone is doing well and I pray that everyone will stay healthy.

So, we are in the middle of April, time flies so fast nowadays.
Now, I am caught in a weird flow of emotions.
I have been having my online classes, and it has been wonderful,
my students
the parents
my classes
they are all wonderful
but of course, there are difficult times too, especially when I have 
to give them their reports, I usually pull out an all nighter or two to finish
almost an average of 20 reports every two weeks
but that's part of the journey of online teaching

So there, I have established that my online teaching journey has been 
a mix of wonderful and difficult - and because of those qualities I love it even more

Thing is, I may have to cut some parts of my online teaching time 
to make way for a new schedule

That's where this weird flow of emotions is coming from
I have this sudden surge of sad emotion bec I think maybe this will be the 
last few weeks where I have this time of teaching them, bec definitely I 
will have to adjust the schedule

I mean sometimes when we do something daily, we just go through the motions, 
we begin the class, we reach a comprehension, we use the new words of concepts 
in our sentences and then we have culmination activity then homework, that's 
basically the rough run down of my classes

This gets on and on, then it gets too familiar that I may have let it sink to predictable
patterns and I have unintentionally killed the excitement, 

but now, since I might have a new routine soon, I suddenly realize the real value
of my online teaching classes, it may have been not very exciting anymore
but I am secure in its familiarity 

Ah, the impermanence of life

But day by day, I am learning to stay in the here now, 
to seize every moment of the day
and just let life unfold without me being a control freak about the future


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->