Monday, August 10, 2020

Keep calm and read

No word could describe my past week. It was like I just wanted to be a floating consciousness, times when I don't want to be found, times when I just want to be invisible, times when I just want to escape, but then somehow, I was found and I was put back in my proper place. Although, there was a sliver of survival instinct forming inside me which just screamed at me to run far far away, I know it is too late to do that. I just eventually gave in, anyways I have no energy to resist, not this time. Perhaps next time. Or is it wishful thinking?

So there.

After that, I just spent my days reading. I read and read and read and forgot about myself. There are moments in my life that when I read, I stop becoming myself. I become just a consciousness, recording what I read and keeping it in my notebooks or in my heart or in my mind. But sometimes I come across powerful words, when I am fortunate enough to find a reading material like that, then I tattoo it in my soul. 

So here.

I have compiled some good stuff that I have collected from my reading frenzy.

(1)

“The moon had been observing the earth close-up longer than anyone. It must have witnessed all of the phenomena occurring - and all of the acts carried out - on this earth. But the moon remained silent; it told no stories. All it did was embrace the heavy past with a cool, measured detachment. On the moon there was neither air nor wind. Its vacuum was perfect for preserving memories unscathed. No one could unlock the heart of the moon. Aomame raised her glass to the moon and asked, “Have you gone to bed with someone in your arms lately?”
The moon did not answer.
“Do you have any friends?” she asked.
The moon did not answer.
“Don’t you get tired of always playing it cool?”
The moon did not answer.”
― 
Haruki Murakami, 1Q84

(2)

“THE MAXIMS OF MEDICINE

Before you examine the body of a patient,
Be patient to learn his story.
For once you learn his story,
You will also come to know
His body.
Before you diagnose any sickness,
Make sure there is no sickness in the mind or heart.
For the emotions in a man’s moon or sun,
Can point to the sickness in
Any one of his other parts.
Before you treat a man with a condition,
Know that not all cures can heal all people.
For the chemistry that works on one patient,
May not work for the next,
Because even medicine has its own
Conditions.
Before asserting a prognosis on any patient,
Always be objective and never subjective.
For telling a man that he will win the treasure of life,
But then later discovering that he will lose,
Will harm him more than by telling him
That he may lose,
But then he wins.


THE MAXIMS OF MEDICINE by Suzy Kassem”
― 
Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem

(3)

“There are a few things in life so beautiful they hurt: swimming in the ocean while it rains, reading alone in empty libraries, the sea of stars that appear when you’re miles away from the neon lights of the city, bars after 2am, walking in the wilderness, all the phases of the moon, the things we do not know about the universe, and you.”
― Beau Taplin

(4)

“It hurts my head to think of how many things had to happen for our paths to intersect. Of all those numberless little fortunes that led me to you. A broken alarm clock, a delayed train, a sudden downpour, and there we were. You and I, sharing coffee, our whole lives ahead of us.”
― Beau Taplin, Buried Light

~
Oh and by the way, I finally discovered Beau Taplin, deep one ~_~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->