Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Interchange #6

Today while doing some house chore, I heard a song from a beloved band that I haven't heard for a long time. Supertramp! I loved listening to them during college days, well my taste in music is obviously inclined to those classics. I love songs from 70s, they have their own kind of appeal. Their own soul. Of course I also love new songs, but if you will search my music folder, you will find more old songs from 60s, 70s, 80s than 2010s. It is mainly because of Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous) and his films which are usually packaged with great music. Anyways, an entry about Cameron Crowe will need another blog entry.

So let's go back to Supertramp. It was an English band lead by Roger Hodgson together with Rick Davies, both good lyricists and composers. They played for more than a decade, then they disbanded. 

I just really want to share this song actually, so enjoy!




The Logical Song | Supertramp

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am



And then I want to throw in this classic gem by Roger Hodgson, when he went solo. Beautiful melody.


Lovers in the Wind | Roger Hodgson

There was a time when it was hard to know
Reaching out, reaching out for somewhere to go
There was a light born on the darkest day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->