Monday, May 25, 2020

Monday once again!

Dear Readers,

Happy long weekend! Don't you feel the quietness of the morning? No rushing traffic, no mad-sprint going to the office, no student crossing the street going to school, yes, it is because it is a holiday today. Although, yes you might be thinking I am a little loony to think that even now I still look forward to what they deem as long weekend, when in fact we have been under quarantine for more than two months now, well please indulge me in this one. I know full well that we have all been staying home for more than what we wanted, and we haven't seen friends in person for such a loooong time, it is really such a sad situation. I never really thought that going out with friends constitute such a big part of my happiness. Virtual hugs to all my friends, I miss you all. 

Well, going back to being ecstatic for having a long weekend, it is a kind of a habit to consider it as one of the most sought after weekends of our year ~ we usually consider the long weekends when booking a flight, right? I usually associate long weekends to doing more things that are not part of our daily grind, like flying to visit a province, or reading books to our hearts content or cooking something grand or just staying in bed doing nothing and daydreaming, or spending more time with friends outdoors, in short it is a kind of break from the usual hectic schedule of our everyday lives.

Anyway, I honor this long weekend with these pages of one of my favorite books ~ it is a compilation of stories designed to make us believe in the beauty and goodness of humanity ~ the book is called Master Tells Stories volume 2. It is written by a Buddhist nun. And of course the stories are of Buddhist sensibilities, which are actually universal. So whatever your creed is, whatever faith we have, I think we can all learn and get inspired from this wonderful story. This makes it universal. We might come from different perspectives but I believe we still share the same vision of humanity, same definition of love and same aspiration for a beautiful future of the world.

I read this story whenever I feel too overwhelmed by my failures. It makes me believe that whenever we lose our way, stories have the power to drive us back to our real direction. And this is one of them.






There you have it, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did.

See you again dear readers.

Love,
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->