Sunday, May 3, 2020

General Cleaning

Today, I had this very intense desire to clean my room. So intense that upon waking up, I put out all of the beddings in the laundry area to soap and wash. Then, I prepared all the cleaning materials that I needed to clean each nook and cranny in my tiny room. I prepared cleaning towels, my very own cleaning spray: 10% distilled vinegar, lemon essence from lemon peels and slices with 80% water in my spray cleaner, rolling dirt remover and room cologne spray (I usually spray room cologne to make it smell fresher after cleaning.)

Of course, I regularly clean my room however it is just that today, I really feel the intense need to clean each wall, each corner, each little dent in my room. With careful planning, I started to rub each wall after spraying them with my own home-made cleaning spray. The layer of dust is not that bad, though I can see some webs stretching from the corner so I cleaned them off. As for the floor, each square of the rough tile must be rolled on first with the dirt remover then I rubbed it with wet towel. I spent the whole morning doing this, and after some time I could see the improvement that I am making step by step.

When there are far corners that I couldn’t reach, I normally use the cleaning stick of my mom. I put the towel on the other edge and then I wipe the ceiling and the corners of it, there is really some inexplicable satisfaction when the target clump of dirt come off neatly from the surface after careful nudging. Of course, after the area is cleaned, I spray another generous amount of my home-made cleaner to make sure that it is disinfected and that it will stay dirt-free for long.

There are many stocks of paper, books, file cardboard boxes and storage containers in my room that I neatly arrange in the small space I am provided, I usually wipe them all clean too when doing general cleaning. Most of the things have labels with dates or general names so I can easily identify them and group them effectively, yes, I know, some of you will say that I have this weird urge to label things around me. That’s right. Tagging and labeling stuff around me is truly important because it means that I really put a lot importance on that object and that it is part of something greater, maybe a month-long project or a year-long endeavor. But I want to make it clear that not everything can reach that part of labeling and tagging, I filter a lot of things first by deciding whether it is important or not, then if it passed the intense scrutiny, that’s the only time that I will honor the object with the label. I am ruthless when it comes to deciding what is deserving to get a space in my room, what will be included in the system, what will stay in my personal space, if in the end the object gets to be inducted in the system, then it means it has proven its worth. And if otherwise, then it will be put to a recycling box where it will be sorted, which is another system on its own, so I will discuss it next time.

After cleaning my whole room, my favorite part is to spray the room cologne. I usually combine scents, it can be the usual bottle of cologne that we can buy from the stores or it can be an essence from flowers, leaves or oils that I usually purchase from eco-stores or organic shops. It depends on my mood.

Today I am feeling a bit intense so I used the usual store colognes usually the bottle of cologne with colors: blue and green, because they smell nicely pungent for a long time.

I finished cleaning by the time my parents invited me to eat lunch. It took a long time but I am happy with the result. Happy Sunday to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->