Thursday, February 7, 2013

Appreciating small victories

Ah good to know I have time to blog tonight. Did someone up there clicked fast forward button to zoom our lives here on earth? Can you feel it too? Like everything is just happening so fast, so furious, simultaneously? That everything just sprouted all too soon? That after one big project in my office, I have to run fast to do presentations of my report in my MA class and that I have to submit papers too since it's midterms already, you see? It's all happening all too soon, all at the same time.

I sometimes have moments of intense pressure that I just cry. That in the middle of work, maybe typing stuff or editing video, it will dawn on me and I cannot stop myself from feeling scared and tired all of a sudden, then tears will trickle down my cheek. Ah, yes, been crying so much lately, I have been running to comfort room to release it all -- tears, fears, anxiety. It must be the heaviness of responsibility  or maybe that I am so tired that I cannot figure out how to work them all out neatly. But I guess it's not just easy, and the point is not doing it neatly but to just do all the task that I am supposed to do, with full concentration. I trust that this focus and concentration will keep me sane through it all.

So I was finally able to report to class this evening, it was a big relief. It was not my hundred percent, but I have to say I did well under pressure. With so little time to prepare, I was able to produce my presentation under an hour whew! The report was not bad at all, I even think they enjoyed it. But what I am after is that they learned a bit from my report. I am relieved. Very much.

After all, during this crazy time, I should learn to appreciate my small victories. It is the wisest thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->