Sunday, September 25, 2022

The story of small frying pot

Writing today is such an arduous process, my mind keeps floating a blank space.

I am not sure why I am endlessly starving, no idea why?!

And of course my mind is flying from one topic to another, the kind that doesn't really stay in one place.

I have this urge to clean, fix and wash, so I did them all yesterday and this morning.

Now, my urge is taking me to deeper waters. Or just skimming the surface.

No use to understand what I am feeling. No use to logically determine what is the next step in this weirdly unfolding new moon eve day. All I know is that a super typhoon is coming soon and the sky is ominously showing signs of thick dark clouds, like revealing very strong rains and winds coming. All I know is that I want to cave in, just hide in my dark bedroom and just read or sleep or nap. But I have in my mind stuff that I need to do and finish, but it is still a weekend so I am going to be good to myself. At least I am eating lunch :)

. . . after hours of interruption

I am back again.

So, mmm, I have been deeply affected by my decision to move from big frying pot to small frying pot. You see, I usually fry some of my food so I have my frying pot ready just in case I need to fry something for quick dinner, it means that the oil I use last for 5 to 7 days, but I keep the pot with lid on when not in use and I only use enough oil each time I fry.

I really am big about cleanliness of cooking utensils and ingredients. I make sure they are all clean all the time so I have covered that part about the hygiene of using the same oil and frying pot for a week. But what keeps me a bit off-footed is my big frying pot. I said goodbye to it. I used the big pot for 2 years, and boy, do I have to labor each time I clean it?!

I am telling you it is really intense work-out each time.

The big frying pot phase was really feasible bec the house I occupied was nearer the workplace so I can leave office and be at home in about 10 minutes. Also, in earlier times, I was just doing my CPD units so I really wasn't that busy. However, since my full time job is so demanding and commute to work is getting longer now bec life is getting back to normal after pandemic, I saw the big need to switch from big frying pot to small frying pot bec:

(1) I cannot handle weekly intense cleaning 'work-out' for the big pot

(2) I think I am eating smaller portions now :D

(3) Small frying pot is emotionally, physically and psychologically easier to handle

(4) Small frying pot uses a little oil compared to the big frying pot

Yeah, #3 is really important. If you see how small-ish my small frying pot it, you will think yes, it is easier to handle. In a very weird way, the mythology of giants keeps replaying in my mind. Especially that part when Cronus started to expel Hades, Zeus and Poseidon from his body. See how my weird brain works, haha.

But seriously, house routine building is hard because we need to think of all the factors that come into play: time, water, grocery budget, cooking utensils, food to cook etc. I mean from the expenses that I need to budget when buying my cooking oil to buying dishwashing liquid, also I have to keep in mind the frozen vegetarian/vegan food that I order, and the rate that I have to change my cooking utensils, also I have to add to my budget that scrubbing wire that I use to clean my pot, those little things all add up. 

They are actually not little things, they are elements that make up the big mystery of life.

Anyways, after all is said and done, I really need to get another small pot again, it is for cooking soup or ulam na may sabaw. These things also occupy my mind.

It is starting to rain though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->