Monday, November 2, 2020

My mind and body long to be somewhere else

There are days when I can do a lot of multi-tasking, but this is not one of them. These last few days I felt like my mind was slower than ever. I don't like these kinds of day because it means work will pile up and I hate that feeling. How can I sleep at night when I know work is waiting for me to sort them out?

How?

But of course it could be that I have to listen to my body and my mind. Maybe I need to slow down. But still, isn't this the time of pandemic? I had a lot of extra time in my hand. I had been on forced vacation for almost 8 months now, along with mostly everybody. So, why am I like this now? 

I remember, I rarely took vacation leaves when I was still working in a traditional work set-up, I mean I had an office/academy to go to and a regular full time work load, and mostly working over time. Work is life, I was so used to that kind of set-up. But now, why oh why? Why do I get tired easily now?

But then, maybe it is because of the work set-up now? This work from home is not so new but it has been going on for months, so maybe that's it? I am still adjusting?

Is it really that?

Or maybe I haven't really gone somewhere else for the past 8 months and I haven't seen friends face to face for like eternity.

And there wasn't anything to do in the weekend like Saturday morning market in Salcedo? or Sunday market in Legaspi? or morning walk in the University avenue in BGC? or a jog in the oval?

Or maybe an open concert in the amphitheater? or fairs, or food places to visit or any kinds of bazaar? Nada. Nothing.

Or maybe just a quick visit in another province? A weekend in a beach resort? A holiday spent in the mountains? Or even dipping in a swimming pool? Or going to a special restaurant in a popular tourist spot, even the not so popular ones?

Those small short visits somewhere outside the city before the pandemic were considered quick fixes for the busy city lives that we lead.

But now, I believe they are not just quick fixes, they are actually necessary for physical rejuvenation and for maintaining our mental well-being.

When can we go out and explore and travel again?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->