Thursday, October 24, 2013

Of Sadness and Whales

My, I have to finish a lot today and this is where my emotions interrupt. Maybe Paolo Cuelho is right, writing is easy: just stare at the screen of your computer until a tear drops on your keyboard. Today it is so easy to cry, I can just drop a tear right now. Pinaliliguan ng luha ang mga salita at mga kwento at mga anyo ng komunikasyon. I usually like this feeling because it makes me write. But inclined inside not for office nor work. Heavy day.

Remembering my swimming skills, I wrote these sad lines for my friends:

Dear friends,

Feeling really sad today, perhaps, heavily sad, if there is such a thing. I feel like swimming. But in swimming we should just take it easy, breathe easy, concentrate on how subtle force can propel you to move to far distances. 

Wearing goggles can help too, because it will allow you to see underwater. But for now, I will just use my ear to feel and know my direction. Like how it is with whales, they make whale sounds, which submariners refer to as whale cry, to determine where they are. Any object, be it fish, stones, sea creatures, that will bounce back the sound that whale produced will give clues about its position and direction. 

According to submariners who are usually strong and mature men, the saddest sound they hear deep in the ocean is the whale cry. No matter if they are military men, navy men, the cry will really make a full grown man weep. Thousands of leagues deep in the sea, thousands of miles away from their family, their friends, the familiar civilization, these submariners long for home and familiarity after hearing the whale cry. Oh well, some days maybe even up above the sea, even in these concrete roads, cemented cities, airconditioned offices, there are days when we just hear the whale cry. Must be something from deep within our subconscious. Something that the humanity share. Something that all of us share. 

Just writing using my emotions, can't really watch out about coherent thoughts and logic and grammar.

I keep swimming, swimming and swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->