Saturday, November 12, 2011

Self-reflection: (chapter 2) a lesson on waiting

This week was full of adventures that I cannot even stop a moment to blog. It started with a holiday in the Philippines, so I decided to bike inside the campus with the goal that it will be the start of active physical regimen to break the sedentary lifestyle that I lead for quite a while now. So I cooked breakfast, went to the university to bike and I sweat a lot. Then the next day, I enrolled to the university. Then on Wednesday my classes began.

I am taking up Spanish language class and Anthropology. These subjects will be the focus of my life in the next 5 months. A letter from Germany arrived this morning, I am sooo excited!! Que bonito!

A lesson on waiting . . . Actually this phase of my life is also a difficult one. Life is not as it was before, it is getting harder and tougher. I have to hold tight to inspiring thoughts to get me through the rough patches. Yesterday, I had this amazing epiphany. I was waiting for ride home for at least thirty minutes (that's really long!) along commonwealth avenue. I stood there before sunset but long minutes passed and I could not get ride. Darkness started to paint the sky, the blue hue got inked by the black. I started to lose my patience. When will the darn ride arrive?


Then a warm pool of light greeted my eyes. It was hiding behind the rows of trees and buildings. Then it carefully climbed up, gracefully moving to her zenith, showing her perfect golden sphere. The moon shone brightly up in the sky, I was in awe. Maybe the whole point of endlessly waiting for ride is to see the beauty of the moon. And to take it in for a while. To appreciate its eternal grace but not to own it. To linger then to move on with my plan of getting home. To look at the bigger picture, perhaps it is good to wait a while because we will never know when we will witness such magic of nature, appreciate for a moment then we must move on, because we are expected to grow, fly and experience more. Who knows, maybe another full moon is waiting for us just around the corner as we fulfill our journey.


Vale la pena.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->