Saturday, December 24, 2022

Empty as the new moon

Wow what a decade!

As we have all been struggling to leap from one edge of the cliff to another in this never ending growth cycle of life, let me take this moment to say congratulations to us all for surviving the last years and now we are standing in the horizon of another blank canvas in this new chapter of our lives, individually and collectively.

Okay, I might have been talking in confused words without trying to make sense at all, but as I said in my previous post, we have to heed the call of my master and take a serious inventory of our lives. Yes, this post is still in connection with the previous post I made about unpacking the box and living in the present moment. We need to make a serious inventory of our lives because nothing in life is permanent, life is constantly changing. Life and people and relationships are in a never ending cycle of growth, death and rebirth.

Anyways, I am just grateful that in this present moment, my family and friends and people I value are all safe and well. The past years were not easy. The past few years have seen me meet a lot of interesting people and I have been to many great places, experienced lots of challenges and hopefully came out a bit wiser, but haha, I am not sure about that bit.

But as I was contemplating on bidding the old year and even older years goodbye, I somehow heard this phrase inside my head: the anatomy, the structure, the basics. So, I was really trying to come up with a nice piece with the title: The anatomy of closing a long cycle and making peace of the life that was; I was so inspired by the title, but the journal entry that should follow never materialized.

It will materialize eventually.

But now, I am empty as a new moon.

So, I would just like to share with you my dear readers about the dream I had some days ago. It bothers me a lot actually, but well I will write it here anyway.

The dream goes like this: I was in my dorm room, which was so similar to my college dorm room and I was talking with my roommate while I was preparing to go out. I was dressing up, fixing my hair, etc. Then I went out of my room to get something at the corridor of my dorm before fully leaving. There was a door at the end of the corridor and when I opened it, it was dark and there was a young girl begging for money/food, I was surprised because a stranger should not enter the dorm. The girl was obviously a stranger to me and she looked like she didn't live in the dorm. I hurriedly went back to my room to tell my roommate that there was some stranger on the other side of the corridor door. I went on and on about the girl stranger to my roommate when an older beggar woman came inside of our dorm room, she was also begging for food/money. I was shocked because my room was my personal space and the older woman was surely a stranger and not a dorm resident, so I told her she should leave or else I would call the authority. End of dream.

Isn't this dream very revealing?

It is somehow telling me something.

Now, I need to do some deep inner journey to find out its message, lest I make Furies/Erinyes furious for not doing my 'life homework' immediately.

Oh The Kindly Ones, have mercy upon this soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->