Monday, October 12, 2020

Random-ness

It is just weeks into this grueling month but I feel deeply exhausted. The online classes with students are not easy at all, especially the paper work and all the scheduling. My time is very limited now, but my mind is equally conjuring different systems to make work more efficient. Sometimes, I've got a thousand things going on, incubating in my mind, I wonder how I keep my thread of sanity intact these days.

***

There are moments of clarity but then there are moments of extreme disconnect in my mind. I was so good at multi-tasking before, now it feels like I have to jumpstart my mind more often than not, is it the effect of the break given to us by the pandemic? The old selves were shed and we are now in the brave new world of the new self?

***

I don't know about other girls, but I find brooding men very sexy. However, there should be a limit to brooding, there should be a balance to being broody and being sweet. I don't know if it is natural for to men know how to balance it, but they should really find that fine line to make their women more into them. 

***

Sometimes, when you found a good student, you will finally have a reason to celebrate. It is like this, for example, you found a really interesting book but the book is a bit difficult for some other students so you don't use it with them. Days passed by and days turned into months, you still couldn't find that student who will perfectly understand that book, so you forgot about that book. But somehow eventually you come across a good student and in a quick moment of sweeping epiphany you realize 'so this is why I got that special book, it belongs to that one of a kind student'. Happy ending for both the book and the student.

***
I wonder why dreams are more vivid when I am under pressure. They are longer too. But I can't remember them anymore when I wake up.

***

I get bone-tired but when it rains, it is like my worries and tiredness were all washed away. Thank you rainfall. But please don't be too harsh and don't dump too much water, we pray that you will just give us enough water so our reservoir and dams will be filled up to tide us over to next year.

***

When can we go to the beach? I miss sitting on the sand and just watch the surf come and go. I miss being under the night sky while listening to the dance of the waves. When?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your reaction here --->